The liberal media and the far left fringe are so immature it is ridiculous. This can be see daily in with their pentiant for gutter mouth commentary, their obsession with sexual innuendo and their fantasizing about getting Bushitler. But a movie that explores ‘the possibilities’ (my quotes, no one elses) that could reverberate from the assassination of President George Bush is simply too much. Americans may have their doubts about things, but we do not want another assassinated President. This will kill the democrats who will have to come out strongly against this and alienate the radical far left. If not they will lose the center. Either way they lose. It is only a question of whether they lose with honor or the jump into the fevered swamps.
Now don't get me wrong, talk like what is discussed in the quote above is disgusting and deserves nothing but the backlash that it is receiving but I would caution those on the Right to refrain from painting this as a strictly liberal obsession. For those that wish to do that I have just 2 words for you, Ann Coulter.
Right-wing pundit Ann Coulter titled her August 30 syndicated column on the Rhode Island Senate race: "They Shot the Wrong Lincoln." The headline is a reference to Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI), whom she excoriated throughout the piece -- calling him a "half-wit" and a "silver-spooned moron -- while expressing her support for his challenger in the September 12 Republican primary, Stephen Laffey.This is not the first time Coulter has alluded to killing those she disagrees with:
* Commenting on radio host Melanie Morgan's assertion that if New York Times executive editor Bill Keller were convicted of treason she "would have no problem with him being sent to the gas chamber," Coulter said, "I prefer a firing squad, but I'm open to a debate on the method of execution." She later suggested that Times staff members should be "executed."
* Coulter said of the media: "Would that it were so! ... That the American military were targeting journalists."
* Coulter suggested that Rep. John P. Murtha (D-PA) is "the reason soldiers invented fragging," -- military slang meaning the intentional killing of a member of one's own unit.
* Coulter argued that the national debate during the Monica Lewinsky controversy should not have focused on whether former President Bill Clinton "did it," but rather "whether to impeach or assassinate" him.
* Coulter said of Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens: "We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens's créme brulée.''
The broad brush that the Right likes to use to described the Left could just as easily be used on them especially with a diarrhea mouth like Coulter sitting in their corner...